Saturday, November 14, 2009

Leg Death

My leg died the other day. I was sitting on the ground playing Borderlands when I suddenly had the urge to check my Email. As I started to stand up, I realized that my leg was dead. It wouldn't move and it was anchoring down my body like concrete block. As I swung it around against the ground in an effort to wake it and get up, it started to throb with terrible pain. Every movement I made meant more pins and needles, but every second I didn't move, my leg became more asleep. I fought the pain for almost twenty minutes, dragging myself along the floor, pulling myself up onto my bed and usually falling back down. It was like giving birth, but through my leg. And then it finally started to come around and I was able to get up. I was all alone for this time, crying and laughing and yelling at myself. It was the most shameful moment of my life. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment